Pol's Country Pick 3

This is the last of this series for now, I actually have more to pick from but they are not assembled. See the previous two days for how and why I started this series. For this one I want to mention the previously posted Country Stones compilation. I made that compilation after these three in the series. One of the "bonus" tracks in the Stones pick I already had on Volume 2 of this pick. Not an accident. And if you look at the covers of each they all match, just with an extra set of lips on the Stones volume. They are meant to go together. What I haven't posted yet is my first one. My first country-ish pick. Made way before these and I did not make it to match. One day I will post that one. In the meantime, this one will have to do. Leave comments about what your first country song was that made you realize you liked the genre. Or were you brought up a little bit country?

Pol's Country Pick 3

47 Crystal Gayle - Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue
48 Rolling Stones - Memory Motel
49 Mojo Nixon & World Famous Blue Jays - UFOS, Big Rigs And BBQ
50 Blondie - Ring Of Fire (live)
51 The Belmont Playboys - Tore Up
52 Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue (Live)
53 Tammy Wynette - Stand By Your Man
54 The Greenhornes With Holly Golightly - There Is An End
55 Wall Of Voodoo - Tomorrow
56 Everything But The Girl - I Fall To Pieces
57 Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
58 The Scotchgreens - There You Go
59 Scott Goddard - Cowpunk
60 Gear Daddies - Zamboni
61 Johnny Paycheck - Take This Job and Shove It
62 Tennessee Ernie Ford - Sixteen Tons
63 Hank Williams, Jr. - All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight
64 Darius Rucker - Wagon Wheel
65 Son Volt - Afterglow 61
66 The Del Lords - Love on Fire
67 The Bottle Rockets - Baggage Claim
68 Flatt And Scruggs - Foggy Mountain Breakdown
69 Jason Ringenberg - Half The Man
70 Remy Zero - Bitter

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this third volume. I've liked country music for basically my whole life. I actually grew up in England but moved to the US in my later teens (during the punk rock era). I remember, back when I was maybe 5 or 6, my parents had a little stack of singles and E.P.s, including some budget recordings of vaguely cowboyish folk songs like "Blue-Tail Fly." So maybe that's where I first started getting acclimated to the genre. By now, I listen to all kinds of music, including stuff going back to the 1920s and even earlier. Your Volume 1 in the series puts me in mind of this track from an artist who might not always have been "country" but was always pretty close:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW9-FOLG-iA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great song, that I didn't know before! I remember seeing Dan Hicks on Flip Wilson, but totally forgot about him

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a bunch! I take "country" pretty fluidly and like lots of other stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not coming from a country background, I'm pretty loose with my definition, too. I remember a friend saying that she liked both kind of music: country and western

      Delete