Pol's Country Pick 2

This continues my series of country picks that started when I wasn't admitting to myself that I liked country music. I slowly added real country songs into the pick of alternative country stuff I did admit to. I added to that list others that I found later. What's interesting, as a DJ, I find that people who say they don't like country, usually do. But are very vocal about "hating" country. And the people who love country music are the most tolerant people about the music being played. Back when I did not have a decent pick of country music I noticed at weddings and events that there are groups of people who like different music. Some will complain about every other genre being played coming up and saying can't you play something we can dance to. Even when the dance floor is full of dancers. They will not dance unless it is their specific genre. People who like country will dance, even if it isn't country. They are happy every time you play a country song. Even if you play just a few, they are the first to come up and say "thanks for that one song!" and "great music!" People who love some other genres (I won't name the genre) can have 90% of the night be in that genre and they are still upset that the one song was not. That's why I started loving country music.

Pol's Country Pick 2

25 Joss Whedon & Sonny Rhodes - Firefly Main Title
26 Patsy Cline - Walkin' After Midnight
27 Holly Golightly - Walk A Mile
28 The Soledad Brothers - Rock Me Slow
29 Beatles - Act Naturally
30 Giant Sand - Plants And Rags
31 Merle Haggard - Okie From Muskogee
32 Kid Rock - Roll On
33 Old Crow Medicine Show - Wagon Wheel
34 Bon Jovi - Who Says You Can't Go Home
35 kd Lang And The Reclines - Bopalena
36 Lady Gaga - Born This Way (Country Road Version)
37 Lone Justice - I Found Love
38 Scud Mountain Boys - Silo
39 Steve Earle - Time Has Come Today
40 The Oak Ridge Boys - Carry on Wayward Son
41 The Bodeans - The Strangest Kind
42 The Jayhawks - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
43 Southern Culture On The Skids - Nitty Gritty
44 Meat Puppets - Flaming Heart
45 The Reverend Horton Heat - Spend A Night In The Box
46 Buck Satan and The 666 Shooters - Down The Drain

No comments:

Post a Comment