Classical Gas Pick

These are all songs with some sort of link to classical music. Elements of classical music, based on a classical song etc. Not just featuring violins or an orchestra on this pick. For instance the Toy Dolls play a classical song, but they do not sound like a classical orchestra (at all). There are plenty more that could be considered that I did not include like songs that are based on a classical melody, but were completely changed. I also added some songs that just mentioned classical artists: Like Play Bach, Rock Me Amadeus, etc. I had several more that I could have added, but I limited it to what fits on a CD. So you miss Gazebo's I Like Chopin. Anyway there are tons more. Somewhere on  Butterboy's blog he has a multi-disc compilation with lots more. I made this one before I ever saw his and I tried not to look at his version as I was writing this, so it would be just what I remember when I put this together. After I heard Bohemian Rhapsody for the first time, I thought it was brilliant and predicted that a lot more bands would try to do songs like that. I was wrong. some had done it before and some after, but no rush to emulate that.

Classical Gas Pick

01 Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
02 Electric Light Orchestra - Rockaria!
03 Mason Williams - Classical Gas
04 Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Fanfare For The Common Man
05 Falco - Rock Me Amadeus
06 Jive Bunny - Rock'N'Roll Beethoven
07 BNM Corp - Bach to the Future
08 Village People - Play Bach
09 David Shire - Night On Disco Mountain
10 Walter Murphy - A 5th Of Beethoven
11 Toy Dolls - Toccata In Dm
12 B. Bumble & The Stingers - Bumble Boogie
13 The Pogues - Night on Bald Mountain
14 Louis Clark & the Royal Philharmonic - Beethoven's Fifth
15 !!! (Chk Chk Chk) - Bend Over Beethoven
16 The Toys - A Lover's Concerto
17 Deodata - Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)
18 Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
19 Tiësto - Adagio For Strings
20 Chuck Berry - Roll over Beethoven

No comments:

Post a Comment