Detroit Pick

Not a Connection the way I call them connections. But my Pick of songs from bands that were from Detroit. I didn't include the typical Motown Songs or bands although a couple here may have had an album out on the label. Mostly rockin' bands, but you could call a couple of the tracks crossover? Doesn' matter I wasn't that picky and I didn't check too much. I'm sure someone will fact check me. And I hope someone gives me some suggestions for other picks to come. I will probably post some Motown picks at one time or another and even though it's a Detroit thing, I always see Motown as a sound. An International sound. I know that isn't correct, but it is how I see it. I do love Motown and I visited the studio in Detroit (one of the coolest places ever - you can feel the history.) But not featured here. Check out the reason that Detroit is about Rock and Roll.

Detroit Pick

01 The Gories - Nitroglycerine
02 Goober & The Peas - Hot Women (Cold Beer)
03 The Woolies - Who Do You Love
04 Alice Cooper - I’m Eighteen
05 Sheryl Crow featuring Kid Rock - Picture
06 MC5 - Kick Out the Jams
07 Iggy Pop - Lust For Life
08 Edwin Starr - War
09 The White Stripes - Fell in Love With a Girl
10 Was (Not Was) - Walk The Dinosaur
11 Question Mark and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
12 Brownsville Station - Smokin' In The Boys' Room
13 Ted Nugent - Cat Scratch Fever
14 Grand Funk Railroad - We're An American Band
15 Jack Scott - The Way I Walk
16 Commander Cody & His Lost Planet Airmen - Hot Rod Lincoln
17 The Underdogs - Love's Gone Bad
18 Rare Earth - Get Ready
19 Von Bondies - C'Mon C'Mon
20 The Knack - My Sharona
21 Bob Seger - Turn The Page
22 The Dirtbombs - I Can't Stop Thinking About It
23 Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels - Devil With A Blue Dress On-Good Golly Miss Molly
24 Romantics - What I Like About You

No comments:

Post a Comment