What's The Connection? Words

I was remembering this WTC? as I was thinking up a new one (related sort of). But only one song that reminded me of this one. So I cleaned it up and put up here for you. See, the cluttered mind of mine produces an extra playlist compilation for you. I'd like to say this Connection started because of the Beatles or Brian Eno or Yes, but it wasn't. It wasn't even Tom Tom Club, who I also like much. But it was because I have a daughter. And back when she was younger I watched all sorts of crazy movies with her. Lots of Jackie Chan, of course, but also every young girl movie that came out. I probably know more about Mary Kate and Ashley than I want to admit. When Josie and the Pussycats came out, I had to watch it. First, I loved the cartoon and comic as a kid, second it was a girl power movie. And I loved the music. What can I say? The vocals by Letters to Cleo singer Kay Hanley helped. And knowing that Cheryl Ladd was in the original band (as Cherie Moor aka Cheryl Stoppelmoor) didn't hurt. She was, after all, my favorite Angel. BTW, one of these tracks has the B-52's on it.

What's The Connection? Words

01 Moody Blues - The Word
02 Rivingtons - The Bird's The Word
03 Marti Brom - Eat My Words
04 Josie and the Pussycats - 3 Small Words
05 Missing Persons - Words
06 Buddy Holly - Words Of Love
07 Beatles - The Word
08 Bee Gees - Words
09 FR David - Words
10 The Monkees - Words
11 Elvis Costello & the Attractions - Pretty Words
12 Mamas And The Papas - Words Of Love
13 Extreme - More Than Words
14 Elton John - Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word
15 Frank Sinatra - Fly Me To The Moon (In Other Words)
16 Eno & Cale - One Word
17 Yes - Time And A Word
18 Tom Tom Club - Wordy Rappinghood
19 Scritti Politti - The Word Girl (Flesh & Blood)
20 Cameo - Word Up
21 Yello - No More Words
22 Melon - I Will Call You (And Other Famous Last Words)
23 George Strait - Famous Last Words Of A Fool

No comments:

Post a Comment