Divine Pick

This has become much more controversial. No idea why. Well, maybe it's because people are way too serious about things and not at all serious about their own responsibility. I am staying out of the political part of it. What am I saying? Of course I am not going to do that. I love this. I know what a woman is. No one needs to explain that. And I have no issues with whatever anyone wants to do. How you dress or how you "feel" is none of anyone's business. Just don't smush my face in it. Don't force it. You don't get special privileges for how you feel.  Transvestites, Oh My! That being said. Men dressing up as women has been around since before Shakespeare. No biggie. I loved John Water's movies (Divine), Rocky Horror Picture Show, David Bowie, Sandy Duncan (Peter Pan), the Original Bird Cage, Milton Berle, Flip Wilson etc etc. And there is a great deal of music associated with all of that - some in this pick. Do not like trans story hour at the library or a curriculum of grooming kids, but I did take my daughter years ago to see a live version of Rocky Horror Show. Gave her a squirt gun and some toast and newspapers, etc. Like I said, don't smush it in my face and I'm okay with men dressing as women and women dressing like men. And it is Halloween coming up. Men, dress like the Queen for all I care (or Princess Di). But you are not a woman.

Divine Pick

01 The Killers - Somebody Told Me (Mylo Remix)
02 Scorpions - He's A Woman - She's A Man
03 Beatles - Polythene Pam
04 Boy George - The Crying Game
05 Lou Reed - Walk On The Wild Side
06 Rocky Horror Picture Show - Sweet Transvestite
07 Led Zeppelin - Royal Orleans
08 Velvet Underground - Candy Says
09 The Replacements - Androgynous
10 Garbage - Cherry Lips (Go Baby Go!)
11 Tone-Loc - Funky Cold Medina
12 Blur - Girls & Boys
13 Aerosmith - Dude (Looks Like a Lady)
14 David Bowie - Rebel Rebel
15 Paul McCartney & Wings - Jet
16 Who - I'm A Boy
17 David Bowie - Hunky Dory
18 Mark Mothersbaugh - Queen Bitch
19 Kinks - Lola
20 Van Morrison - Madame George
21 Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Jeremy Bender
22 Bob Rivers - Walkin' 'Round in Women's Underwear

2 comments:

  1. i dont feel bad about downloading music from a transphobe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure that I don't have any phobias about transvestites, but whatever it takes. The playlist is great!

      Delete