What's The Connection? Fight For Your Right

I like this Connection. It is guaranteed to piss one person off or another. But fighting for your right to free speech means you will hear things you don't like or don't agree with. The whole point is to do the opposite of what Twisted Sister says and take it. I don't mean agree with it, but to understand the other person's viewpoint even if you don't agree. It's hard to do sometimes. And we all have felt some of these emotions or wanted to express ourselves over at least one of these songs major themes. So don't listen if you get offended easily. Because you will get offended by something in here. I'm posting these because they are my pick of ways to express yourself: healthy and unhealthy. I love the songs even if I may not agree with all of the sentiments. It's a free country (mostly) still. Tell me if I missed any. This could be considered a companion disc to Mostly Peaceful, and there are no overlaps. I have another one coming up that could be considered another companion, but you will have to wait for that one, but to tease it, it's not my pick: it's Santana's.

What's The Connection? Fight For Your Right

01 Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A-Changin'
02 Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name
03 Jefferson Starship - Stairway To Cleveland
04 The Clash - The Guns Of Brixton
05 NWA - Fuck Tha Police
06 Dead Kennedys - Take This Job And Shove It
07 Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall, Part 1
08 Public Enemy - Fight The Power
09 Body Count - Cop Killer
10 Aretha Franklin - Respect
11 Madonna - Express Yourself
12 Ohio Players - Do Your Thing
13 The Dildos - Fuck Off
14 Bikini Kill - Rebel Girl
15 The Isley Brothers - Fight The Power Part 1
16 Rolling Stones - Street Fighting Man
17 Beastie Boys - Fight For Your Right
18 Sex Pistols - Anarchy In The UK
19 Vandals - Anarchy Burger (Hold the Government)
20 Bobby Fuller Four - I Fought The Law
21 Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It
22 Isaac Hayes - Do Your Thing
23 X-ray Spex - Oh Bondage! Up Yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment