Who Dunnit? 1

I like cover versions of songs. That's clear if you have been watching this space for any length of time. I especially like cover versions that do not sound at all like the original. Doesn't mean that I don't like original versions. I do. But there is something about an artist completely re-interpreting a song. This pick is that completely. Cover versions where you have to think, "Is this the original or was the original the original?". For me it really started with a band called Big Daddy. They were on Rhino records and they had a backstory that they were a 50's rock band that got lost somewhere for thirty years or so and came back to find all this new music, but they did the music in the style they were used to. Some great songs of the 80's done in "Sock Hop" style. Some really great covers (with just a few misses). Overall great. If you look for that kind of stuff, you find it everywhere. Here a few of my picks of those kind of songs where you wonder Who Dunnit.

Who Dunnit? 1

01 Barefoot - White Lines
02 Nouvelle Vague - I Melt with You
03 Pussycat Dolls - Sway
04 Stan Ridgway - Behind Closed Doors
05 Johnny Favourite Swing Orchestra - Black Dog
06 Paul Anka - Wonderwall
07 Hayseed Dixie - Walk This Way
08 Big Daddy - I Want Your Sex
09 Storm and The Balls - Anarchy En Espanol
10 New Morty Show - White Wedding-Rebel Yell Medley
11 Jamie Cullum - Frontin'
12 Chris Isaak - I Want You To Want Me
13 Booker T. & The MG's - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
14 Aztec Camera - Jump
15 Johnny Cash - Personal Jesus
16 David Lee Roth - Just a Gigolo-I Ain't Got Nobody
17 Paul Anka - It's My Life
18 Richard Cheese - Add It Up
19 Lesley Gore - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
20 Big Daddy - Super Freak
21 Richard Cheese - Let's Get It Started
22 Señor Coconut & His Orchestra - Beat It

No comments:

Post a Comment