Go For Baroque 1

This was a cassette that an ex-college girlfriend made for me. This is side 1 of the cassette. She played violin and I knew next to nothing about classical music. She went home for the summer and we sent each other cassette compilations. She had some good ones. It took me awhile to recreate this, because I wanted to make sure I got the same sources she did for each track on her pick. I understand that the conductor and the symphony makes a real difference. I can't say if she chose these exact recordings because they happened to be in her parents' record collection or because they were her favorite versions of all time. I have no idea and it would take me years of figuring out which versions I like best. I am not that versed in classical music. Although way more than I was in the 80's. Her influence. I started making sure that at least one choice of new music per month was a classical record, So I ended up with quite a bit of that genre. Still am not the connoisseur although I work at it occasionally. Then I sucked at being a boyfriend (too self obsessed) Probably still do, but I am more aware of it now. Either way, she did make some great compilations before she figured that out.

Go For Baroque 1

01 Jean-Francois Paillard Chamber Orchestra - Pachelbel Canon in D Major
02 Munich Philharmonic - Beethoven Symphony #7 Allegretto
03 Yehudi Menuhin - J.S. Bach Concerto in E Major
04 Jean-Pierre Rampal - Greensleeves
05 Christopher Parkening - J.S. Bach Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring
06 Ettore Stratta - Vivaldi Concerto In G Adagio
07 Christopher Parkening - J.S. Bach Prelude No. VI
08 Ettore Stratta - Vivaldi Suite From The Four Seasons
09 Yehudi Menuhin - JS Bach Concerto In A(m) Andante
10 Yehudi Menuhin - JS Bach Double Concerto In D(m) LargoMa Non Tanto
11 Guiomar Novaes Bramberg Symphony Orchestra - Beethoven Piano Concerto #5 Mut II
12 Munich Philharmonic - Beethoven Symphony #6 Pastorale Allegro

No comments:

Post a Comment