What's The Connection? Hard Times

I guess we're headed to Hard Times, although it doesn't quite feel like a depression. Would you know? I don't think they did in the depression or at least right before it. This connection is all about songs that have Hard Times in the title. One doesn't have it in that order. Looking at the list of songs I picked, I bet most people would not guess that Run DMC is what started this. But it did. Lots of the other songs are ones I would have picked over that band if I was guessing. I probably would have guessed Human League, Boz Scaggs or AC-DC. But I know better. It definitely was Run DMC. I'm not sure if I ever told the story of me first meeting the band. But they were not happy talking to some punky white boy in Harlem. I talked to them again months later in California (Hollywood) and they weren't any nicer then. Although they were more popular then. Red Hot Chili Peppers were much nicer and so was George Clinton. I hung out with them the same day.

What's The Connection? Hard Times

01 Mojo Blues - It's a Hard Time
02 AC-DC - Hard Times
03 Y&T - Hard Times
04 Jim Croce - Hard Time Losin' Man
05 Ray Charles - Hard Times (No One Knows Better Than I)
06 Billy Cee & Freedom Express - Hard Times
07 Boz Scaggs - Hard Times
08 Noble Thin Man Watts & His R - Hard Times (The Slop)
09 Janis Martin - Hard Times Ahead
10 Robert Finley - Real Love Is Like Hard Time
11 Run DMC - Hard Times
12 Human League - Hard Times
13 John Lennon & Yoko Ono - Hard Times Are Over
14 Tombstones - Times Will Be Hard
15 Pablo Gad - Hard Times
16 Ric Ocasek - Hard Times
17 Santana - Hard Times
18 Kiss - Hard Times
19 The Christians - Heading For A Hard Time
20 Jethro Tull - Living In These Hard Times
21 The Selecter - Time Hard

No comments:

Post a Comment