Exitos

I know it is already past Hispanic Heritage month. Too bad. I will probably piss off a bunch of people with my next few posts. Sorry about that. Frankly, if I was going to remake these, I would probably do it differently. But here's the story. I DJ'ed in San Jose, California. I did many what you would call mixed weddings. Fused, merged, blended. It doesn't matter. A couple from two or more different cultures. I liked doing them. I like a wide variety of music. So this was my first pick to play some music popular in my area. Now, I didn't get it right. Should I have included salsa's and mariachi's in the same place? Probably not, although it worked for this time. Later I would add more variety in future volumes. I would not do that now. That being said. I love all these songs. Not appropriate in every case, but still good music. Turns out, for me, I like the Rancheras a lot. But also Cumbias and Nortenos and Banda, well a lot more too. Exitos, btw, means "Hits" when you talk about songs (successes when you aren't.) That will come into play over the next several volumes.

Exitos

01 Mariachi Vargas De Tecalitlan - Las Mananitas
02 Linda Ronstadt - Los Laureles
03 Linda Ronstadt - Palomita De Ojos
04 Vicente Fernandez - Volver, Volver
05 Ramon Ayala - Tristes Recuerdos
06 Ramon Ayala - Un Puno De Tierra
07 Little Joe y La Familia - Las Nubes
08 Little Joe y La Familia - Chapparito De Oro
09 Los Humildes - Ambicion
10 Los Tigres Del Norte - Contrabando y Traicion
11 Los Aquario De Mexico - La Hielera
12 Flaco Jimenez - Ay Te Dejo En San Antonio
13 Texas Tornados - Guacamole
14 Texas Tornados - (Hey Baby) Que Paso
15 Gipsy Kings - Summer Medley 94
16 Sonora Dinamita - A Mover La Colita
17 Salsamania - Kleptomania
18 Orquesta De La Luz - Sin Fronteras
19 Miyuki Utsumi - Moliendo Cafe
20 Grupo Niche - Mexico, Mexico
21 Selena y David Byrne - God's Child (Baila Con Migo)

2 comments:

  1. Not pissing me off, thank you. Appreciate the non typ rock blended music stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you are appreciating it. I do love this music! And I come from a non-traditional viewpoint. So I am not afraid of mixing styles

      Delete