Exiquatros (Exitos 4)

More of the dumb naming convention that only I understand. I made a few mistakes on this one, but I will not point them out. I did have the smarts to include the first few tracks for dinner music on this pick. I really like Jorge Santana's album. Brother of Carlos. And also Malo. Both tracks are timeless. I finally included Santana doing his version, but try to play Tito Puente whenever I can first. It's a good enough song that you will get asked to play it again. Los Lobos did a great version of what I consider Vicente Fernandez' classic. I added more salsa and more cumbia and more banda and more norteno. The track I need to talk about was the track that was my dad's favorite version of what is often played as a mariachi song, by Los Fabulosos 3 Paragauyos. That song is a great one to request if a mariachi band ever comes to play at your table. Looking for that version led me to many other versions by many other bands and I will post that compilation some time in the future (tomorrow). Sorry, but this is the last of this series for now. More will come, I'm sure.

Exiquatros (Exitos 4)

01 Jorge Santana - Love The Way
02 Malo - Suavecito
03 Santana - Oye Como Va
04 Rene Y Rene - Lo Mucho Que Te Quiero
05 Los Lobos - Volver, Volver (Live)
06 José Alfredo Jiménez - Caminos De Guanajuato
07 Los Fabulosos 3 Paragauyos - Malaguena
08 Banda Blanca - Sopa De Caracol
09 Fito Olivares - Juana La Cubana
10 Bronco - Sergio El Bailador
11 La Sombra - El Sapo
12 The Blazers - Cumbia Del Sol
13 Ramon Ayala y Sus Bravos Del Norte - Dos Hojas Sin Rumbo
14 Los Caminantes - Caminos de Guanajuato
15 La Sonora Dinamita - El Viejo Del Sombreron
16 Lou Bega - Mambo No. 5
17 Brave Combo - No, No, No, Cha, Cha, Cha
18 Orquesta De La Luz - Salsa Caliente Del Japon
19 Hot Banditoz - La Cucaracha Dance (Party Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment