What's The Connection? Malaguena 1

This Connection started because of my dad. My pop. I was visiting Mexico and talking about the cool mariachi bands we were listening to. And pop says his favorite mariachi tune is Malaguena Salerosa. At this point I was leaning more towards Las Mananitas which I still like. But Pop goes further and says that I'll probably never find it but his favorite version of Malaguena is by a trio of Paraguayos and that it is fabulous. I must hear it he says. He knew that I would then have to search wide and far for this version. I did. First, I noticed that the Tubes had done the song. I introduced the Tubes on two of the very last tours (and they had several after that too) in the Bay Area. But that's a side note. I play every version I find to my pop. And he likes them all, but always says, It's good, but not the right version. Eventually I find Los Fabulosos 3 Paragauyos. I'm pretty sure this is the version, but with pop you are never sure (ask me about the House, House song he had me looking for). But sure enough this is the one. For his next birthday I make him a CD with a bunch of versions on it including his favorite. He played it at least once. This is a variation of that CD, because I found more.

What's The Connection? Malaguena 1

01 The Invisible Surfers - Malaguena
02 Ley Alejandro - Malaguena Salerosa
03 The Trashmen - Malaguena
04 Tornadoes - Malaguena (Dark Eyes)
05 Los Fabulosos 3 Paragauyos - Malaguena
06 Eddie Palmieri - Malagueña Salerosa
07 Travis Edmonson - Malaguena Salerosa
08 Vicente Fernandez - Malaguena Salerosa
09 Los Copacabana - Malaguena Salerosa
10 The Platters With Buck Ram & His Orchestra - Malaguena Salerosa
11 Sabicas - Malaguena
12 Antonio Maciel - La Malaguena
13 Avenged Sevenfold - Malagueña Salerosa (La Malagueña)
14 Brian Setzer - Malaguena
15 Tubes - Malaguena Salerosa
16 Connie Francis - Malaguena
17 Ritchie Valens - Malaguena

No comments:

Post a Comment