Rupert Hine Pick

I can't even say this is his best work, although it is good. I probably could have done all of his work as a musician. Which this pick has a lot of. Or only work of his as a producer and there is a lot of that too. But I chose to pick a little of each. Just enough to give you a taste so you'd go looking for more. I always liked everything on the Welcome To Woop Woop soundtrack (even though I hear some people hated the movie and the soundtrack, too bad for them). When I saw that Hine had played with Poe as well as produced the track, I had to include it. Saga and Rush was never in question. I did want to include a track from the Better Off Dead soundtrack, but, oh well. I did love that movie too. I saw the French band Les Negresses Vertes live once in NY and it was a great show. I'd see them again. They were followed by some French groupies who were surprised that they could get so close to the band (as they were just starting out playing in the US). I was happy to meet them, but happier to hear them play live. At the time I had no idea that Rupert Hine would produce them.

Rupert Hine Pick

01 Spin 1Ne 2Wo - Can't Find My Way Home
02 Thinkman - The Formula
03 Rupert Hine - The Heart Of The Matter
04 Howard Jones - What Is Love
05 Thompson Twins - Get That Love
06 Rupert Hine - I Hang On To My Vertigo
07 Rush - Show Don't Tell
08 Rupert Hine - Misplaced Love
09 Tina Turner - Better Be Good To Me
10 Poe - I Cain't Say No
11 Peter Gabriel, Suzanne Vega & Geoffrey Oryema - One White Field
12 Stevie Nicks - Rooms on Fire
13 Quantum Jump - The Lone Ranger
14 Yvonne Elliman - I Can't Explain
15 The Waterboys - A Girl Called Johnny
16 Saga - On The Loose
17 Jon Pertwee - Who Is The Doctor
18 Fixx - One Thing Leads To Another
19 Les Negresses Vertes - A Quoi Bon

No comments:

Post a Comment