Dolby Pick

This pick is a pick of my favorite Thomas Dolby songs. Tomorrow, I will have his family pick, but today just his solo work as Thomas Dolby and one track as Dolby's Cube. I did not include his appearance with Roger Waters on The Wall, although that was interesting and good. If I had any songs that appear here and tomorrow, I made sure to use a different version, but I think there are only one or two at most that are repeated. He does have a compilation or two, but these are my favorites. Retrospectacle and the 12x12 have different tracks and order. Frankly, some of his stuff is amazing and some is more so so. None of it is consistent in one way and yet it is obviously his work when you look at it from another. I've seen him play live and he's worth hearing live. He's a geek playing with technology and it's cool to watch. BTW, you'll see more tomorrow, but he's playing with people on these tracks like George Clinton , Robyn Hitchcock, Lene Lovich, etc and that's just cool, too.

Dolby Pick

01 Thomas Dolby - Europa And The Pirate Twins (Extended Version)
02 Dolby's Cube - May The Cube Be With You
03 Thomas Dolby - Hyperactive! (12 inch)
04 Thomas Dolby - I Love You Goodbye
05 Thomas Dolby - Budapest By Blimp
06 Thomas Dolby - I Live In A Suitcase
07 Thomas Dolby - Hot Sauce
08 Thomas Dolby - Airhead
09 Thomas Dolby - Nothing New Under The Sun
10 Thomas Dolby - Close But No Cigar
11 Thomas Dolby - Airwaves (7 Inch Version)
12 Thomas Dolby - Windpower
13 Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science (Extended Version)
14 Thomas Dolby - One Of Our Submarines (Extended Version)
15 Thomas Dolby - Radio Silence

No comments:

Post a Comment