Family Beat

I started with thinking of doing a Specials Family pick, but never really got too far, since Terry Hall died and everyone made pretty good picks with him at the center of the pick. They were pretty good, so I transitioned to The (English) Beat. They had a nice selection, but I never really finished it. So I made the hard decisions and axed a bunch of stuff and was left with this. Obviously: The Beat, Fine Young Cannibals (and their offshoot 2 Men A Drum Machine and a Trumpet which I really liked), General Public and then some solo appearances. I did not include any of Saxa's appearances. Sorry. But Ranking Roger solo and with the Easy Star All Stars, Sting, Big Audio Dynamite and (my favorite) as Rude Boy in the Scooby Doo episode with the Ska Zombies. And Dave Wakeling solo. As well as both of them with separate reformed Beat's. I didn't include Pato Banton, except for the (English) Beat track. I wanted to include the Dub (English) Beat track from Ferris Bueller's Day Off, but I had to cut somewhere. BTW,  I like the cover it looks real legit.

Family Beat

01 Fine Young Cannibals - Good Thing
02 English Beat - Tears Of A Clown
03 English Beat - Pato And Roger A Go Talk
04 Sting with Ranking Roger - The Bed's Too Big Without You
05 General Public - Tenderness
06 General Public - I'll Take You There
07 Fine Young Cannibals - She Drives Me Crazy
08 English Beat - Can't Get Used to Losing You
09 Easy Star All Stars - Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite
10 2 Men A Drum Machine & A Trumpet - I'm Tired Of Getting Pushed Around
11 Fine Young Cannibals - Ever Fallen In Love
12 Fine Young Cannibals - Suspicious Minds
13 English Beat - Save It For Later
14 Ranking Roger - So Excited
15 English Beat - I Confess
16 Big Audio Dynamite with Ranking Roger - Looking For A Song
17 Dave Wakeling - She's Having A Baby
18 General Public - Hot You're Cool
19 The Beat featuring Ranking Roger - Maniac
20 The Beat featuring Dave Wakeling - How Can You Stand There
21 Rude Boy & The Ska-Tastics - Yer Dead Right Mate (Extended Version)
22 English Beat - Mirror In The Bathroom

No comments:

Post a Comment