Negativland

Look these guys up if you don't know them. This is my pick of their "songs" They are sometimes called moments of plunderphonics. I don't know about that. It doesn't sound at all like John Oswald, but perhaps the way they make the songs uses that technique. This pick covers a bunch of albums and singles and EP's and is just my favorites from the band. I have no idea if they are still around or not. It would be a shame if they weren't. One of my favorite live shows ever was this band. Brilliant! Negativland were from the Bay Area when I lived there. From Concord, Contra Costa County which is kind of not known for being a crazy part of the state. In fact pretty middle class white bread wine drinking soccer moms is the perception. But then this came from there. So maybe the perception is wrong. I included the song that got them in a big lawsuit with U2's management (not so much the band). I also included songs from their self-produced Seeland records and from the SST records. Perhaps not all their most well known songs, but all my favorites. Look for the albums. Some are handmade and well worth owning. Buy them all. Eleven. (if you know, you know) Always cracks me up and I'm not talking about Spinal Tap.

Negativland

01 Negativland - Bite Back
02 Negativland - Car Bomb
03 Negativland - Christianity Is Stupid
04 Negativland - Freedom's Waiting
05 Negativland - Guns (Now)
06 Negativland - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
07 Negativland - Jolly Green Giant
08 Negativland - Michael Jackson
09 Negativland - Perfect Scrambled Eggs
10 Negativland - 10
11 Negativland - Scolding Box
12 Negativland - Theme From A Big 10-8 Place
13 Negativland - Time Zones
14 Negativland - We Are Driven
15 Negativland - Yellow Black And Rectangular
16 Negativland - 16
17 Negativland - You Must Choose

No comments:

Post a Comment