Moments In Time

I was listening to a lot of Tom Verlaine recently and got stuck on the Luna here. It made me think of  Velvet Underground and Creedence Clearwater Revival. That led to the rest of this pick. I ended up with Badgeman instead of Joy Division or New Order for no good reason except that I usually would have gone with the other versions. I liked the newer Blue Oyster Cult, even though I usually pick older BoC if I make a mixtape like this. I struggled with which Patti Smith I wanted to use, but ended up with the Springsteen cover. Several of these I picked songs I wouldn't normally use, even though I like them. I just usually like them third or fourth pick, but to me they all just fit in the mix better this time. Magazine, The Fall, Echo & the Bunnymen, The Jesus And Mary Chain and the Cure all fall into that category. For me Masami Tsuchiya (from Ippu Du) and REM just had to be in here. Each of all these songs seemed like a moment in time, hence the name. Nothing to do with Whitney Houston.

Moments In Time

01 The Jesus And Mary Chain - Sidewalking
02 REM - Everybody Hurts
03 Masami Tsuchiya - Rice Music
04 Velvet Underground - Lady Godiva's Operation
05 Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
06 Blue Oyster Cult - We Gotta Get Out Of This Place
07 Patti Smith Group - Because The Night
08 The Fall - L.A.
09 Led Zeppelin - Fool In The Rain
10 Badgeman - Sister Ray
11 Echo & The Bunnymen - Villiers Terrace
12 Modern Lovers - Roadrunner
13 The Golden Palominos - Omaha
14 Magazine - Permafrost
15 The Cure - A Forest
16 Luna - 23 Minutes In Brussels

No comments:

Post a Comment