Femmes Fatale 8

This is the last one for awhile. I have another two almost ready, but need to finish them up. Like all of this series, the even pick is a bit less mellow, while the odd pick is on the mellower side. Not sure why I did it that way, but I did. A couple of the artists on here that I will talk about. One is Romeo Void. This song was a local hit in the Bay Area at the time, but it wasn't the big, big hit, but I liked the song a lot. They were good in concert. I saw them in SF at a not so big club, they were quite good. The other band is Martha and the Muffins who were trying to rebrand as M+M at the time (it didn't quite work. They were from Canada. There was this girl who liked me and drove me around every now and again and she loved Martha and the Muffins a lot and would play a cassette of their music and Iended up liking them a lot. This was a later track, but i still liked the band. I remember going to Mexico with a different girl in the early 80's and having an amazing time. It was right around the time that Missing Persons (and the Motels) released their new songs that were getting played all over in the Mazatlan bars. We met the owners of Carlos and Charlies. It wasn't a big deal then, but was starting to take off. They loved this track. Back then you could get lobster dinner for two, several margaritas, appetizers, dessert, a mariachi band playing at your table, a caricature plus a generous tip for ten bucks. Perfect for a broke student like me! Had an amazing time and have been back to Mexico many, many times since. Back then no issues with cartels.

Femmes Fatale 8

01 Tawny Reed - I Got A Feeling
02 The Primitives - Crash
03 Sandie Shaw - (There's) Always Something There To Remind Me
04 Romeo Void - White Sweater
05 Barry St. John - Bread And Butter
06 Billie Davis - Tell Him
07 Marlena Shaw - California Soul
08 No Doubt - Just A Girl
09 The Motels - He Hit Me (And It Felt Like A Kiss)
10 Truly Smith - Boy From Chelsea
11 Glenda Collins - Something I Got to Tell You
12 Yazoo - Situation (US 12-Inch Remixed by Francois Kevorkian)
13 Martha And The Muffins (M+M) - Black Stations-White Stations
14 Samantha Jones - Go Ahead
15 Shirley Bassey - Big Spender
16 Tina Tott - Burning In The Background of Your Mind
17 Antoinette - There He Goes (The Boy I Love)
18 Sharon Tandy - Hold On
19 Go-Go's - Our Lips Are Sealed
20 Lorraine Silver - Lost Summer Love
21 Missing Persons - Walking In L.A.
22 The Breakaways - That's How It Goes
23 Jane Wiedlin - Rush Hour
24 Dana Gillespie - You Just Gotta Know My Mind
25 Annette Funicello - Blame It On The Bossa Nova

No comments:

Post a Comment