Shaggin' On The Beach 1

Coming from California, I knew beach music as Surf music. Beach Boys, The Ventures, Surfari's, etc. and then later various surf punk bands. I was surprised to find that there was a complete other side to Beach Music: Shaggin'. Or Carolina Beach Music. I always thought of this as R&B. The more I looked in to it, the more I liked it. And the more other stuff I found that I had no real idea about (like Belgian Popcorn and Northern Soul) which I will post here later. First, this is my pick of Carolina Beach Music, or music you can Shag to. I would guess there are millions of other choices out there (and I will post a few more tomorrow), so if I miss a few of your favorites (or you think one of these doesn't cut it) leave me a comment and let me know.

Shaggin' On The Beach 1

01 Lil' Bob & The Lollipops - I Got Loaded
02 The O'Kaysions - Girl Watcher
03 Alabama - Dancin', Shaggin' On The Boulevard
04 Temptations - Lady Soul
05 Brenton Wood - Gimme A Little Sign
06 Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
07 Rod Stewart - The Motown Song
08 O.C. Smith - Brenda
09 Lamont Dozier - Cool Me Out
10 Drifters - Under The Boardwalk
11 Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs - Stay
12 Mary Wells - My Guy
13 Four Tops - It's The Same Old Song
14 The Trammps - Hold Back The Night
15 Isley Brothers - This Old Heart Of Mine (Is Weak For You)
16 The Swingin' Medallions - Double Shot (Of My Baby's Love)
17 Chairmen Of The Board & General Johnson - Carolina Girls
18 Catalinas - Summertime's Calling Me
19 The Globetrotters - Rainy Day Bells
20 Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
21 Spiral Staircase - More Today Than Yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment