Looking Glass Originals

Back in 1986 Siouxsie & The Banshees put out an album of all covers called Through The Looking Glass. A very good album that showed their influences. They had recorded some covers before which were also good. I played the heck out of the album when it came out. I was surprised that so many people had no idea that some of the songs were covers. So I put together a compilation of the originals. Ten songs on the album. I had room for a few more, so I added another version of one of the songs and then added the originals of four more covers that the Banshees had done as B-Sides on other albums/singles. I did not add Wild Thing, because it was The Creatures (which is only Siouxsie and Budgie and not the entire band). It is my pick after all.

Looking Glass Originals

01 Sparks - This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both Of Us
02 Kraftwerk - The Hall Of Mirrors
03 Jungle Book - Trust In Me
04 The Band - This Wheel's On Fire
05 Billie Holiday - Strange Fruit
06 Doors - You're Lost Little Girl
07 Iggy Pop - The Passenger
08 John Cale - Gun
09 Roxy Music - Sea Breezes
10 Television - Little Johnny Jewel
11 Ben E. King - Supernatural Thing--Part I
12 Velvet Underground, The & Nico - All Tomorrow's Parties
13 Beatles - Dear Prudence
14 Beatles - Helter Skelter
15 Julie Driscoll, Brian Auger & The Trinity - This Wheel's On Fire

2 comments:

  1. I love the "Looking Glass" album too! It was great to have this collection of originals. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete