Infectious Pop Sensibilities 1

This is a series. Every time I start looking at making a new mix tape or CD or playlist pick, I end up with some new or old songs that just don't fit. But I like the songs. Sometimes I just cram them in but many times I put it in a side pile to figure out where they do fit. When I had too many, I started making this series. Stuff that I like, that I don't care if anyone else thinks it's popular or not. Sometimes it is and sometimes I smash my head and ask, Why isn't this a hit? But I also put aside stuff that I know will never be a hit, but I love it anyway. Here's disc one.

Infectious Pop Sensibilities 1

01 Sparks - Dick Around
02 Beat Farmers - Zeppelin Medley
03 The Flaming Lips - Can't Get You Out Of My Head
04 Ween - Pollo Asada
05 Inflatable Boy Clams - I'm Sorry
06 Cake - Rock 'N' Roll Lifestyle
07 Robyn Hitchcock - Sometimes I Wish I Was A Pretty Girl
08 Beck - Loser
09 Devo - Beautiful World
10 Paula Yates with BEF - These Boots Are Made For Walking
11 Bjork - It's Oh So Quiet
12 John Hegley and the Popticians - I Saw My Dinner On TV
13 Chumbawamba - Cartrouble
14 Stan Ridgway - The Coffee Song
15 Bauhaus - Party of the First Part
16 Wild Willi Becket & Jont - Averagely Surprised
17 They Might Be Giants - Instanbul (Not Constantinople)
18 Swamp Zombies - Creep
19 Talking Heads - Psycho Killer
20 The Kinks - (Wish I Could Fly Like) Superman
21 Camper Van Beethoven - Take The Skinheads Bowling
22 Toy Dolls - Nellie The Elephant
23 Violent Femmes - Kiss Off

No comments:

Post a Comment