What's The Connection? Summer

I've been doing lots of Pol's Picks, but WTC? (or What's The Connection?) are my favorite picks. Since we're in July (in Texas) the connection today is Summer. Although I made this originally in summer 2000 it is timeless. Back in 2000 I was listening to Lil' Brian and the Zydeco Travelers. From Thigh Drivin' to Summer Girls they had a great sound. I added a bunch of other Summer songs that I liked and came up with this WTC?. Some much older and a few that are now old classics as well. Never thought I would say that Dino was old, but there you go. The funk of Kool & the Gang and Sly and the Family Stone right next to Shonen Knife and the Stray Cats. The first time I really heard Sly and the Family Stone, I was blown away! I listened to the album over and over. Just so great! Obviously a million other Summer songs are available. Tell me your favorites in the comments below.

What's The Connection? Summer

01 Kool & the Gang - Summer Madness
02 Bangles - Bitchen Summer
03 Bananarama - Cruel Summer
04 The B-52's - Summer Of Love
05 Lil' Brian and the Zydeco Travelers - Summer Girl
06 Dino - Summergirls
07 War - Summer
08 Don Henley - The Boys Of Summer
09 Mungo Jerry - In The Summer Time
10 The Motels - Suddenly Last Summer
11 Seals & Crofts - Summer Breeze
12 Stevie Wonder - Summer Soft
13 Chad and Jeremy - A Summer Song
14 The Danleers - One Summer Night
15 Jamies - Summertime, Summertime
16 Sly and the Family Stone - Hot Fun In The Summertime
17 Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City
18 Eddie Cochran - Summertime Blues
19 Shonen Knife - Summertime Boogie
20 Surfin' Lungs - Who Stole The Summer
21 Stray Cats - Lonely Summer Nights

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the share. Please re-up when it is convenient if possible.

    ReplyDelete