You Prolly Don't Have These

I'm guessing you probably don't have many of the following tracks. Some were never released on CD or LP, but they deserve to be heard. I hope you get at least one new favorite. Some are local bands from the Bay Area, a couple were local in their area, but I got their demo or single (in one case a flexi disc). A few got a real release by a record company, but most did not. A couple like The Residents put out tons of albums, but are still considered fringe bands (not to me.) All of these tracks deserve a listen. There are some cool songs here on this pick. If you like one or another, and want to know more about that band, leave a comment asking me and I will answer. I'll tell you a little bit about one: Julia's Child. This is not really a band, but a musician who was also a DJ in a major market (I can't tell you his name). He produced it on cassette. And he never got to play it on the commercial stations he jocked at. He always treated the song like a joke, but I always loved the song. It did get radio play on several college stations across the nation.

You Prolly Don't Have These

01 Full Moon Tan - No Money, No Chick, No Car
02 Uncle Rainbow - Anyway The Wind Blows
03 Bobb Haskit - Take Me There
04 The Endmen - Letter From Constance
05 Negativland - Yellow Black And Rectangular
06 MCM And The Monster - Godzilla
07 Inflatable Boy Clams - I'm Sorry
08 Limbomaniacs - Caffe Latte
09 Julia's Child - The World Owes Me A Lunch
10 The Residents - Kaw-Liga
11 Voice Farm - Free Love
12 Babylon Representatives - Ratz On Acid
13 Until December - Heaven
14 Mysterians - Mr Famous
15 Inka Inka - Brainwash
16 Jennifer Rambles On - Hate #1
17 Grotus - Good Evening
18 Pop-O-Pies - Truckin'
19 Cerebral Corps - Pam's Purple Spirograph
20 World Entertainment War - Marlboro Man Jr
21 Shnazz - (I Want To) Jump On Your Bones

No comments:

Post a Comment