Handcuff Dancing 2

Part 2 of my pick of the songs played at New Wave night at The Cabaret in the Bay Area. I promised I would tell you about the title and how I came up with it. Probably only me and my friends ever called it this, but when we went dancing at this (and other clubs in the area) we would encounter the goth looking girls, who only looked that way for that night of the week. Not like today when half the baristas in your local coffee shop look goth. Well anyway these girls (and I say girls, but it was just mostly girls) used to dance with their legs pretty much not moving except for a slight bend every now and again. And their hands would move to the music up and around and all over, but their wrists would stay together as if they were handcuffed. I always called it Handcuff Dancing. Most of them wore a hundred of those plastic/rubber wrist bands like Madonna did. Surprisingly, most of those girls were not interested in velvet covered handcuffs once they got to my house, but a few were. I had a lot of fun at these New Wave nights. I was sad to see the place close.

Handcuff Dancing 2

18 Freur - Doot Doot
19 Romeo Void - White Sweater
20 Alphaville - Big In Japan
21 Ministry - Work For Love (Sex Slave Edit)
22 SPK - Mouth to Mouth
23 Cube - Love's Taboo (Repel The Spell Mix)
24 Siouxsie & the Banshees - Cities In Dust
25 Psychedelic Furs - Heartbreak Beat
26 George Kranz - Din Daa Daa (US Remix)
27 Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)
28 Stranglers - Skin Deep
29 Paul Lekakis - Boom Boom (Let's Go Back To My Room)
30 Shriekback - Lined Up
31 Bauhaus - She's In Parties
32 Martha & the Muffins - Echo Beach
33 Our Daughter's Wedding - Lawnchairs
34 Echo & The Bunnymen - Bring On The Dancing Horses

No comments:

Post a Comment