What's The Connection? Route 66

I understand that this connection is horribly inadequate. There are way too many version of Route 66 or about Route 66 to really do this justice. But these are the main ones I have. I even put the Eagles and Jackson Browne in because it was about Route 66. Nat King Cole will always be my definitive but I must say that Depeche Mode has caught my ears in recent times with their version. I especially like the mashup version with their other hit. I first heard it on a single and I have loved it ever since. If you have another great version I didn't bring up on this list please leave it in the comments. I would love to hear it. Great song! I traveled along Route 66 before and it was very fun, even if it doesn't actually go all the way through any longer, the historic route is there. I stood on the corner in Winslow, Arizona and it was a site to see. I recommend that everyone do it at least once.

What's The Connection? Route 66

01 The Surfaris - (Get Your Kicks On) Route 66
02 Jason & The Scorchers - Route 66
03 Dr. Feelgood - (Get Your Kicks On) Route 66
04 Blue Cheer - Route 66
05 Rolling Stones - Route 66
06 Glenn Frey - Route 66
07 The Yardbirds - Route 66
08 Them - Route 66
09 The Motels - Route 66 (Live)
10 The Pretty Things - Route 66
11 The Cramps - Route 66
12 Nancy Sinatra - Route 66
13 Nat King Cole And His Trio - Get Your Kicks On Route 66
14 Al Jarreau - Route 66
15 Depeche Mode - Behind The Wheel-Route 66 (Mega-Single Mix)
16 Bing Crosby & The Andrews Sisters - (Get Your Kicks On) Route 66
17 Manhattan Transfer - Route 66
18 Eagles - Take It Easy
19 Jackson Browne - Take It Easy
20 The Dregs - Route 66
21 The Replacements - Route 66
22 Chuck Berry - Route 66
23 Buckwheat Zydeco - Route 66
24 Yo La Tengo - Route 66
25 Matchbox - Route 66
26 The Brian Setzer Orchestra - Route 66

No comments:

Post a Comment