What's The Connection? Happy 1

When Pharrel came out with his Happy hit, I started thinking of some of my favorite Happy songs. This connection is those songs. All songs with Happy in the title, but not the Pharrel hit. If you leave some suggestions in the comments for more songs, then maybe I'll make that into volume 2 and this time include the big hit. I'm not going to talk about any band or song except for the Cosmopolitans. They didn't do much, but were friends with Mitch Easter and Chris Stamey. All girl band. All of which is not important to my story. I found the 45 and had to buy it immediately as soon as I saw it. What's completely coincidental is that the song on here is based on an exercise record by Debbie Drake. I only own a couple of exercise LP's but that happens to be one of the ones I own. I found it in a thrift store, specifically a Goodwill and thought it sounded hilarious. The cover was so out of touch with "today" (back then) that it made me laugh. When I saw that the Cosmopolitans had a track of the same name. I had to get it. And sure enough they were related. Everything they sing is stuff Debbie Drake has on her list. Made me happy.

What's The Connection? Happy 1

01 Judy Garland - Get Happy
02 The Partridge Family - Come On Get Happy
03 Pratt and McClain - Happy Days
04 Melleny Melody - I'm So Happy Just To Be Here With You
05 Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy
06 Blood, Sweat and Tears - You've Made Me So Very Happy
07 Beat Farmers - Happy Boy
08 The Housemartins - Happy Hour
09 REM - Shiny Happy People
10 The Turtles - Happy Together
11 Rolling Stones - Happy
12 The Who - Happy Jack
13 Altered Images - I Could Be Happy
14 B-Witched - Get Happy
15 Michelle Branch - Are You Happy Now
16 Jesus And Mary Chain - Happy When It Rains
17 Garbage - Happy Home
18 Elvis Costello - I Hope You're Happy Now
19 The Cosmopolitans - (How To Make Your) Husband Happy
20 Al Green - Sha-La-La (Make Me Happy)
21 Byron Lee & the Dragonaires - Happy-This Party Is It
22 Jimmy Soul - If You Wanna Be Happy
23 Ren & Stimpy - Happy Happy Joy Joy
24 Dave 'Baby' Cortez - The Happy Organ 
25 Ray Catoldi - Happy And You Know It
26 Roy Rogers - Happy Trails

1 comment:

  1. I checked out your site. Very nice. I see we have some similar tastes.

    ReplyDelete