What's The Connection? Planes

So many of these songs were at one time or another the spark for trying to make this connection. So I can't say that one song or another got me to finally put this together. Each one of them at one point or another was the inspiration. But the final piece that got it going was hearing Chantel Kreviazuk cover John Denver on the Armageddon Soundtrack. I thought it was quite good and it reminded me of the other times I was thinking of making a compilation of songs about planes. For me, Eno and 801 (Ray Manzarek, Eno, etc) had always had great songs about planes. The Three O'Clock with their 80's version of psychedelic music, up through the Hawaiian comedy of Rap Reiplinger (brilliantly funny guy who unfortunately is dead, but get his albums anyway.) This has quite the variety and is better for it.

What's The Connection? Planes

01 10cc - I'm Mandy, Fly Me
02 Chantel Kreviazuk - Leaving On A Jet Plane
03 Steve Miller Band - Jet Airliner
04 801 - Flight 19
05 Brian Eno - Burning Airlines Give You So Much More
06 The Anubian Lights - In Flight
07 Bill Nelson - Aeroplane Wings
08 To Heaven A Jet - Airfields
09 Bjork - Aeroplane
10 Rolling Stones - Flight 505
11 The Three O'clock - Jet Fighter
12 Nazz - When I Get My Plane
13 Motors - Airport
14 Flamin Groovies - First Plane Home
15 20-20 - Jet Lag
16 New York Dolls - Jet Boy
17 Alien Sex Fiend - Hurricane Fighter Plane
18 System Of A Down - Jet Pilot
19 Nazareth - This Flight Tonight
20 Rap Reiplinger - Mahalo Airlines

No comments:

Post a Comment