Obscure Gospel 1

This pick was one of my early 90's cassettes I made. Side one of that cassette to be precise. Soon you will get side two. I have no idea where the Obscure Gospel title came from. Probably to just throw people off, but I really can't remember, It's just stuff I was listening to at the time. I loved the version of Batman from the Jam. The Hawaiian band Shnazz had one great album, so I put on two tracks. The fact that the Tubes sounded so Motownish and yet so Tubes-like was great to me. The DOA track I had to buy without listening to it. For the longest time I actually played it at the wrong speed. It was a 12 inch single and I played it at 33. It was better at 45, but decent at 33. Some old songs and some newer ones as I was likely to do back then. Yes, from the amazing Drama album, surf from the Electric Firebirds, who no one (still) knows. Side one was an amazing start.

Obscure Gospel 1

01 The Ventures - Walk Don't Run
02 The Jam - Batman
03 Tight Fit - The Lion Sleeps Tonight
04 Uncle Rainbow - Anyway The Wind Blows
05 Shnazz - I Think We're Alone Now
06 Shnazz - (I Want To) Jump On Your Bones
07 Tubes - Don't Touch Me There
08 DOA - Let's Fuck
09 Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy
10 Graham Parker - You Hit The Spot
11 The Electric Firebirds - Electric Fireworks
12 Yes - White Car
13 Waitresses - I Know What Boys Like
14 The Jam - Away From The Numbers
15 A Flock of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away)
16 Beatles - P.S. I Love You
17 Cristina - Drive My Car

No comments:

Post a Comment