What Is The Connection? Black Power

The next couple of Connections are all about the power of colors. Actually, just songs with the title including the color. Today's color is Black. This is my pick of Black. Well, volume one, because there are probably a million songs with Black in the title that I did not include. Tell me your favorites in the comments, because I know I missed on a bunch of really good ones. Everyone expects it to be about connotations of the colors, but that is not how I picked the songs. Just the ones I immediately thought of when I  thought of the color. As an artist I know if I mix paints or inks all together it makes black, but as a scientist I know that if I mix the colors of light all together I get white. So in light, black is the absence of color, but in any other medium black is all colors. That is because, I understand the ink absorbs every color and reflects the one. Physics. So much fun. BTW, the cover is to throw you off.

What Is The Connection? Black Power

01 Doobie Brothers - Black Water
02 Scorpions - Blackout
03 AC-DC - Back In Black
04 Beatles - Blackbird
05 Steely Dan - Black Cow
06 Billy Paul - Am I Black Enough For You
07 Greta Van Fleet - Black Smoke Rising
08 Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
09 Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
10 Will Smith - Men In Black
11 Ram Jam - Black Betty
12 Violent Femmes - Black Girls
13 Santana - Black Magic Woman
14 Los Bravos - Black is Black
15 Deep Purple - Black Night
16 Siouxsie & The Banshees - Black Sun
17 Lou Reed - I Wanna Be Black
18 Led Zeppelin - Black Dog
19 Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black

No comments:

Post a Comment