August Darnell Family Pick

August Darnell is probably best known as Kid Creole, but he also is the mastermind of many other entities as you will see below. You may not know of him or any of his alter egos but you probably have heard at least a couple of his songs. It doesn't matter whether you know him or not, just listen to this pick of my favorites over the years. I first heard him on a compilation of artists on ZE records. Loved that album. All sorts of great songs on it that none of my friends and family had ever heard, but got them dancing anyway. All this music is still fresh and makes you want to dance. The fact that the lyrics are at times hilarious is just a bonus. I hope you have never heard any of these songs, because you will get a fun kick out of discovering them. And if you know any of his work, you will wish I had included your favorite that I missed. Sorry, But you get why.

August Darnell Family Pick

01 Kid Creole & The Coconuts - Dear Addy
02 Kid Creole & The Coconuts - Don't Take My Coconuts
03 The Coconuts - Did You Have To Love Me Like You Did
04 Kid Creole & The Coconuts - I'm A Wonderful Thing Baby
05 The Coconuts - Maladie D'Amour
06 Coati Mundi - El Coco Loco (So So Bad)
07 Kid Creole & The Coconuts - Stool Pigeon
08 Coati Mundi - Que Pasa-Me No Pop I
09 Kid Creole & The Coconuts - Annie I'm Not Your Daddy
10 Kid Creole & The Coconuts - Endicott
11 Kid Creole & The Coconuts - The Sex Of It (Prince Song)
12 Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band - Cherchez La Femme-Se Si Bon
13 Kid Creole & The Coconuts - My Male Curiosity
14 Don Armando's Second Avenue Rhumba Band - I'm an Indian, Too
15 Kid Creole & The Coconuts - Love Train
16 Gichy Dan - Cowboys and Gangsters
17 Don Armando's Second Avenue Rhumba Band - Deputy Of Love
18 Machine - There But For The Grace Of God Go I
19 Kid Creole & The Coconuts - There's Something Wrong In Paradise
20 Kid Creole & The Coconuts - The Lifeboat Party

No comments:

Post a Comment