British 1 Pick

This was a stupid title, but what else could it be? I was making some compilation picks for playlists around the world and I thought what about the UK? No, that would be stupid. How could you possibly pare down the music from Britain. There's miles of it. So I came up with a solution. Songs or bands that were about Britain, while also being from Britain, or else so iconic of a British song that people think of Britain when they hear the song. And I had to really like the song. I think I did pretty good. I'm sure there are some I just didn't think of, so enlighten me in the comments. Some were really easy. C'mon. Kate Bush. Iconic artist from England with a song about England? Too easy. Robbie Williams? So many people outside of England may not even know who he is, but in England? A god. And a song like Angels is just too easy to pick, because who in England doesn't associate that with Britain? So enjoy this part of the world.

British 1 Pick

01 The English Beat - Stand Down Margaret
02 The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony
03 Buzzcocks - What Do I Get
04 Giggs - Talking Da Hardest
05 The Jam - Town Called Malice
06 Wire - 1 2 X U
07 Oasis - Wonderwall
08 Kate Bush - Oh England My Lionheart
09 Beatles - A Day in the Life
10 Spice Girls - Spice Up Your Life
11 The Fall - British People In Hot Weather
12 Blur - Song 2
13 The Smiths - There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
14 Skepta featuring JME - That's Not Me
15 Amy Winehouse - Rehab
16 Robbie Williams - Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment