Prince Under The Covers

Prince was a very prolific artist. He had so many great songs that were released and many that were not under his own name. This is a sampling of some of my favorites in this pick of Prince songs covered by other artists. I did not include songs that he did, but wrote for other people. See the last couple of days for that. You could do quite a few of these compilations (and I'm sure you have a favorite that isn't represented here - put it in the comments), but these are just my pick of the many. I used to love it when a Prince album came out, so I could get the singles because there always was a cool B-Side. Now we just have to wait for the estate to release something, or another artist to cover one of his songs.

Prince Under The Covers

01 Laibach - The Cross
02 Arto Lindsay - Erotic City
03 Simple Minds - Sign O' The Times
04 Dead or Alive - Pop Life
05 The Jesus And Mary Chain - Alphabet Street
06 Heaven 17 - Sign O' the Times
06 Sigue Sigue Sputnik - I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man
07 Ice-T - Head
08 Art Of Noise Featuring Tom Jones - Kiss (AON Mix)
09 Information Society - Controversy
10 Gary Numan - 1999
11 Chaka Khan - I Feel For You
12 Gary Numan - U Got The Look
13 Hindu Love Gods - Raspberry Beret
14 Cyndi Lauper - When You Were Mine
15 Dale Bozzio - I Would Die 4 U (Keoki Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment