Solo Spice

Not everyone will admit to loving the Spice Girls, but I will. I started listening to them because I have a daughter who was in their target group. I liked their sound. I took my daughter to their concert. They were good. I even liked their movie. But I had to start by saying that it was my daughter who got me in to them. I really do like them, even though I am totally out of their demographic. We all had our favorites. My daughter liked Baby Spice. I was more partial to Sporty Spice. But I liked them all. Was sad to see them break apart, but happy to see them all have solo albums come out. This is my pick of the solo Spice work. I think there is more out there by now. Girl Power! Listen to this and wish for a reunion, although I think it may never happen. Which is too bad. Oh well. 

Solo Spice

01 Emma Bunton - Crickets Sing For Anamaria
02 Melanie C - Yeh Yeh Yeh
03 Geri Halliwell - Ride It
04 Victoria Beckham - Let Your Head Go
05 Melanie C - I Turn To You
06 Emma Bunton - What Took You So Long
07 Melanie B - Word Up
08 Geri Halliwell - Bag It Up
09 Tintinout with Emma - What I Am
10 Victoria Beckham - Midnight Fantasy
11 Emma Bunton - I'll Be There
12 Geri Halliwell - It's Raining Men
13 Melanie C - Never Be The Same Again
14 Melanie B featuring Missy Elliot - I Want You Back
15 Emma Bunton - Maybe
16 Geri Halliwell - Scream If You Wanna Go Faster
17 True Steppers with Victoria - Out Of Your Mind
18 Melanie C - Something's Gonna Happen
19 Geri Halliwell - Lift Me Up
20 Emma Bunton - Free Me

3 comments:

  1. My daughters were into them, and so the music sifting through the walls was unavoidable. I didn't mind the music except that Wannabe tune. I still like "2 Become 1." As for the Spice Girls themselves, I thought the most attractive at the time was the second from the right (from your photo). I think Ginger was her Spice moniker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, I have to admit. I also have an autographed poster hanging in my hallway.

      Delete