J Rock Pick

Let's make it clear (and you know this if you have been following this blog over the last year) I am not the expert on any of the music I post lists about. It is always just my pick or a connection I made of songs I have heard and liked. So a story about Japan. I was an early adopter of the CD technology (well, a lot of other technologies too, but we're talking CD's here) And Japan had CD's. We mostly did not. So I would get Japanese import s to start my CD collection. Had one place that would bring new ones couple times a week. I drove 45 minutes to get to it. And they had a couple of hundred CD's to choose from. That was it. Eventually you could get them everywhere, but not in the beginning. Got all sorts of crazy things, but YMO or Yellow Magic Orchestra was one of the few Japanese bands they ever had. I love YMO, but they are not J Rock. I was still getting LP's too, though. One day in New York on a visit I saw a Japanese band perform for their first time in the US (before their tour in 1991). I loved this band! Punk, cute and very nice. A real language barrier as I spoke no Japanese and they spoke almost no English. But I met them, hung out and did our best to communicate. That band was Shonen Knife. Still collect their records. They are still great and still cute, but now older, as am I. Over the years I discovered more non-J Rock bands. Like Melon and Masami Tsuchiya and tons more that one day I will compile. Eventually I found more Japanese Rokku. Here are some of my picks of that. Not end-all, be-all, just the ones I know and like.

J Rock Pick

01 Scandal - Shunkan Sentimental
02 Band-Maid - Secret Maiko Lips
03 Puffy Amiyumi - Friends Forever
04 Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Haruka Kanata
05 Shonen Knife - Twist Barbie
06 Aldious - Bind
07 Band-Maid - Choose me
08 One Ok Rock - The Beginning
09 Maximum The Hormone - Zetsubou Billy
10 Nightmare - The World
11 Babymetal - Gimme Chocolate!!
12 Wagakki Band - Tengaku
13 Dir En Grey - The Final
14 the GazettE - Filth in the Beauty
15 The 5.6.7.8's - Woo Hoo
16 Versailles - Zombie
17 L'arc-En-Ciel - Ready Steady Go
18 X Japan - Endless Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment