Africa 2

I told you yesterday how I got started listening to African music. I found that African music had influenced quite a bit of "western" music as well. I through in a few here along with some of the picks I didn't fit on the first compilation. And some cheesy tracks that were popular when I put this together. I started the journey in the 80's, but I didn't put this together until much later (as witnessed by the Lion King). Remember this is not an end all be all compilation of African music. It would be falling very short if that was the case. It is just a starting point that I had with a couple added bonuses. There is so much to find. Please look for it. I cannot say that I liked everything I got. I have my favorites, but I had some busts too. These picks are a springboard for you. Find what you like and go forth.

Africa 2

15 Rhyth-O-Matics - Afro-Ska
16 King Sunny Ade - Kira Kira
17 Mahlathini & Mahotella Queens - Yebo! (Mbaqanga Mix)
18 Fela Kuti - Army Arrangement
19 The Chakachas - Jungle Fever
20 Manu Dibango - Soul Makossa
21 Babatunde Olatunji - Jin-Go-Lo-Ba
22 Kanda Bongo Man - Zing-Zong
23 Edikanfo - Something Lefeh-O
24 The Bhundu Boys - Jit Jive
25 Lebo M - The Lion Sleeps Tonight
26 Angelique Kidjo featuring Peter Gabriel - Salala

No comments:

Post a Comment