Someday My Prince Will Come 1

Enigmatic title? Nah. Just my pick of Prince songs done by other artists. Songs written by Prince whether it is under his own name or one of his pseudonyms. I'm not going to talk about all the different names he used to write or play music. There were a few. Look it up. I became interested around the time when Manic Monday came out and all around the same time I figured out Sugar Walls was his, and The Glamorous Life was his. A little more digging found several more (at least enough for two volumes) and eventually I put this together. I like the Disney "Prince will come" covers, because it would be so boring to just say Prince Penned. The juxtaposition of wholesome Disney with nasty androgynous Prince was too delicious not to take advantage of. Although who knows with Disney anymore?

Someday My Prince Will Come 1

01 The Time - Gigolos Get Lonely Too
02 The Family - The Screams Of Passion
03 Tevin Campbell - Round & Round
04 Carmen Electra - Fun
05 André Cymone - The Dance Electric
06 The Time - Get It Up
07 Mavis Staples - Melody Cool
08 Kid Creole & The Coconuts - The Sex Of It
09 Vanity 6 - Nasty Girl
10 Bangles - Manic Monday
11 The Family - Nothing Compares 2 U
12 Apollonia 6 - Sex Shooter
13 Dale Bozzio - Take Me To Your Leader (Prince Mix)
14 Sheena Easton - Sugar Walls
15 Sheila E - The Glamorous Life
16 Madonna - Love Song
17 Martika - Love Thy Will Be Done

No comments:

Post a Comment