Wetton Prog Pick

This is the second part of the John Wetton family pick. I called this one prog, but that's not to say that there wasn't prog elements in the one I posted yesterday. There were. And it's hard to say that some of these tracks couldn't be considered rock. They can. Arbitrary like I said yesterday. This side shows a bit more of who John Wetton played with and for. You can look up the bands and see for yourself. I have more, but these are my favorites. The cover looks similar because I wanted them to exist side by side as CD's, but obviously they are mp3 playlists now. My advice to you is to search for the albums these all came off of, because there are some amazingly good albums in there. I would love it if you were introduced to something new here, but if you already know these tracks, then you will just enjoy how I put it together more. Either way let me know.

Wetton Prog Pick

01 Peter Sinfield - The Piper
02 Family - Burlesque
03 Bryan Ferry - This Island Earth
04 King Crimson - Starless
05 Uriah Heep - One Way Or Another
06 District 97 - The Perfect Young Man
07 Steve Hackett - Firth of Fifth
08 Eddie Jobson's U-Z Project - One More Red Nightmare
09 Duncan Mackay - No Return
10 U.K. - In The Dead Of Night
11 Qango - The Last One Home
12 Peter Banks - Get Out Of My Fridge

2 comments:

  1. My first introduction to King Crimson was 1975's USA. I enjoyed the 8-track but I didn't quite get into the band until 1991's big box set (Frame by Frame). After that I was like, why didn't I check the rest of their discography earlier?!? I was into Zappa, Focus, Tull, Floyd, Yes, Manfred Mann's Earth Band, etc, in the early going, but somehow we (as in siblings) missed out on them. Anyway, great pick with "Starless."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. George, I've had a few artists like that. Where I love an album or two and never took the time to see if the rest of the stuff was any good. It's usually doh! I should have checked earlier because this stuff is also great.

      Delete