Qawwality Bhangra 1

I'm too clever for my own good. The title of this and the next pick probably only makes sense to me. Qawwali is a genre of music, Bhangra is a style of music. I mostly got in to this music because of Bally Sagoo. I heard a couple of his albums, which basically were bhangra remixes of classic songs. Think India meets dance music or Bollywood vs Hollywood in the dance club. After hearing those remixes, I searched out the originals and more remixes. Not sure if I liked all of the ones I found, but I do like my pick of this. I have not watched lots of Bollywood, but what I've seen I've liked. These are longer songs and since I don't speak the language, I have no idea of what the lyrics mean, but you have got to hear how danceable this is. By the way I got to see Nusrat Fateh Ali Kahn live. What a great singer. His voice was like angels. All this was years ago.

Qawwality Bhangra 1

01 Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - Jewel
02 Malkit Singh - Jugni
03 New Pardesi Music Machine - Pump Up The Bhangra
04 Suns Of Arqa - Govinda's House
05 Ashoka - Bhangra Pa Ja
06 Pardesi - Lak Tunu Tunu
07 Geet Mega Band - Sun Nee Kuriye
08 Pammi - Sarke Sarke
09 Bapphi Lahira - Habiba

No comments:

Post a Comment