Wetton Rock Pick

John Wetton was an amazing bass player, an amazing singer and was actually a pretty nice guy. Unfortunately he died of colon cancer way too early. I got to meet him a couple of times, in Las Vegas and in the Caribbean. Very gracious man. But none of that matters when we listen to his music, which we are going to let speak for itself in this family pick. I have two of these that I am going to post. This first one I call his rock side. But these are slightly arbitrary. It's hard to say which is which at times, so if I overstep one of your boundaries, sorry. You can yell at me in the comments. I also have most likely missed some great tracks. Please mention them as well. John was the founder of Asia, did lots of guest work and played in several bands. This is mostly Asia and some solo work. But you'll hear as you go.

Wetton Rock Pick

01 John Wetton - I've Come to Take You Home
02 John Wetton & Geoffrey Downes - Let Me Go
03 John Wetton - Walking On Air
04 Asia - I Know How You Feel
05 John Wetton - Raised In Captivity
06 Wetton-Manzanera - Suzanne
07 John Wetton - I Can't Lie Anymore
08 John Wetton - Lost For Words
09 John Wetton - Heart Of Darkness
10 Wishbone Ash - Loaded
11 Brian Eno - Baby's On Fire
12 Phil Manzanera - Same Time Next Week
13 Asia - Only Time Will Tell
14 John Wetton - Battle Lines
15 Asia - Go
16 Asia - Heat Of The Moment
17 John Wetton - Turn On The Radio

No comments:

Post a Comment