Bad Bayou Voodoo Pick

Earlier, I posted some Zydeco music (Zydeco 1 and Zydeco 2) which you should pick up, but even though this pick is NOT zydeco, it comes from sort of the same place. But this was not inspired by those zydeco picks. I hate to admit it, but I have read all the books and watched the True Blood series. And I liked them. As I hang my head in shame, I can tell you that the books were better and worse at the same time. I liked the changes in the show and hated them at the same time. But they did a good job. Especially with the music. The Jace Everett opener "Bad Things" was a brilliant choice and THAT was the inspiration for this playlist. So of course there's Chris Isaak (two even) because they just fit. And all of it from Chickasaw Mudd Puppies to ZZ Top would fit in with the feeling. Have some wine, listen to the tracks and then binge.

Bad Bayou Voodoo

01 Chris Isaak - Wicked Game
02 CC Adcock - Y'All'd Think She'd Be Good 2 Me
03 Creedence Clearwater Revival - Born on the Bayou
04 Roy Orbison - Mean Woman Blues
05 Jace Everett - Bad Things
06 Chris Isaak - Baby Did A Bad Bad Thing
07 Tony Joe White - Polk Salad Annie
08 Dr John - Right Place, Wrong Time
09 Redbone - The Witch Queen of New Orleans
10 Lynyrd Skynyrd - Swamp Music
11 ZZ Top - My Head's In Mississippi
12 Mudcrutch - Lover Of The Bayou
13 Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band - I'm Gonna Booglarize You Baby
14 Chickasaw Mudd Puppies - Skinny
15 The Cramps - Voodoo Idol
16 Deadbolt - Psychic Voodoo Doll
17 Elvis Presley - Baby Let's Play House
18 Little Esther - I'm a Bad Bad Girl
19 Bryan Ferry - I Put a Spell on You
20 Albert King - Born Under A Bad Sign
21 Warren Storm - Lord, I Need Somebody Bad Tonight
22 The Neville Brothers - Hey Pocky Way

1 comment:

  1. Creating comps are so much fun, and often personal. Once again, a lot of great choices. Big thumbs up for TJW.

    ReplyDelete