Neil Young Grunge Pick

Recently Neil Young was in the news complaining about Joe Rogan on Spotify and he lost. Good for Spotify! Most people that like Neil, like his big hits. Not me. Well , that's not quite true, I do like the hits, but I especially like his really grunge-y stuff. So here is my pick of that stuff in this Grunge playlist. Noisy guitar and just real rock and roll. Not his wimpy folk stuff. I include his extra disc Arc, which is pure grunge with Crazy Horse and my favorite track of theirs that no one else seems to like: T-Bone. I can listen to that all day long. By now I have the lyrics down pat and even though I am keto now, I still like mash potato.

Neil Young Grunge Pick

01 Neil Young & Crazy Horse - T-Bone
02 Neil Young - Like A Hurricane
03 Neil Young - Cowgirl In The Sand
04 Neil Young - Rockin' In The Free World (Electric)
05 Neil Young - Cinnamon Girl
06 Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Arc
07 Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Love And Only Love

4 comments:

  1. Let's see if we're close to the same page. At this moment, my top 10 NY tracks in order:

    1) When You Dance I Can Really Love
    2) Tonight's the Night
    3) The Old Laughing Lady
    4) Piece of Crap
    5) Borrowed Tune
    6) What Did You Do to My Life?
    7) Harvest Moon
    8) After the Gold Rush
    9) We Never Danced
    10) Grandpa's Interview

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. I like those songs, but none are in my top ten for Neil, sorry to say. Although #4 almost makes it for me.
    1) T-Bone
    2) Cinnamon Girl
    3) Like A Hurricane
    seeing a pattern?
    4) Old Man
    5) Sugar Mountain
    6) Helpless
    7) Powderfinger
    8) Cowgirl In The Sand
    9) My, My, Hey Hey
    10) Cortez The Killer

    Pocohantas and Piece Of Crap are somewhere near here, depending on the day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To give it a chance, I put your list into a playlist and have been listening. It's pretty darn good!

      Delete
  3. I would have made room for Cortez The Killer, but no complaints.
    Neil's great in this mode. Love the long engaging chill tunes. Thx.

    ReplyDelete