Newfangled Again volume 3

Here it goes again (foreshadowing volume 7) another Newfangled Pick. Some of this barely makes it on the criteria, but what the heck let's keep it in. Older and newer picks regardless. Some of these should have been big hits as far as I am concerned. I will never understand how the Buzzcocks did not get played on every major radio station, for example. If I programmed a radio station with all of these tracks, people would dig it. For now, you will have to be happy with this playlist.

Newfangled Again 3

48 Coldplay - Yellow
49 Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
50 Violent Femmes - Gimme The Car
51 Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
52 Refreshments - Mekong
53 Maroon 5 - Harder To Breathe
54 Dweezil and Ahmet Zappa - Baby One More Time
55 Click 5 - Just The Girl
56 Cure - Killing an Arab
57 Stranglers - Nice N Sleazy
58 Television - Friction
59 The Libertines - Up the Bracket
60 Buzzcocks - You Say You Don't Love Me
61 Franz Ferdinand - What You Waiting For-
62 Jesus And Mary Chain - I Love Rock N Roll
63 Simple Plan - Addicted
64 The Strokes - Razorblade
65 Action Action - Photograph
66 The Ataris - In This Diary
67 American Hi-Fi - Flavor Of The Weak
68 Fall Out Boy - Sugar, We're Goin' Down

3 comments:

  1. Whoa! Some great tracks here - Chasing Cars, Addicted, In This Diary, Sugar We're Goin Down, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to add a Jesus and Mary Chain to my recent DBD series (the 90s), but I'll probably do another 90s and include it. The song is "Why'd You Want Me?"

    My favorite Buzzcocks tunes is "Why Can't I Touch It?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Jesus and Mary Chain and like I said in the post, I will never understand why the Buzzcocks didn't get top 40 hits. Love that track and pretty much everything they did. And everything that followed that family tree is just good.

      Delete