Punk Primer Pick

As friends have kids and their kids have kids, I found myself passing on this pick more and more. Having lived this era, and loving the music, I want to pass it on. This introductory guide is my way of doing it. The rules were simple. It had to be punk (all aspects of punk was fine), it could not be rated beyond PG and the songs had to be some of my favorites, of course. This is the playlist I picked. They are tracks that kids (and adults) like. They cover enough punk to generate an interest to explore further. But not too much to scare anyone away. I hope you like it enough to share this pick with your kids (or grandkids) when it becomes time. PS: The cover had to be a PeeChee folder. Enjoy discovering things on there as well. I love the runner with a mohawk. That was me.

Punk Primer Pick

01 Toy Dolls - Blue Suede Shoes
02 Flipper - The Old Lady That Swallowed The Fly!
03 Wire - I Am the Fly
04 Sex Pistols - My Way
05 Angry Samoans - Somebody To Love
06 The Stinky Puffs - Monsters
07 Stranglers - Straighten Out
08 Hebe Geebees - Night Fever
09 Buzzcocks - Boredom
10 Green Day - American Idiot
11 Circle Jerks - Wild In The Streets
12 Fishbone - Ugly
13 The Faction - Let's Go Get Cokes
14 The Dickies - You Drive Me Ape (You Big Gorilla)
15 Bauhaus - Scopes
16 Negativland - Car Bomb
17 Devo - Jocko Homo
18 The Undertones - Teenage Kicks
19 Nina Hagen - Born In Xixax
20 The Replacements - Tommy Gets His Tonsils Out
21 Babylon Representatives - Dog Catcher
22 Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated (Ramones-On-45 Mega Mix)
23 Dweezil - My Mother Is A Space Cadet
24 Dead Kennedys - California Uber Alles
25 Magazine - Shot By Both Sides
26 L7 - Yummy Yummy
27 The Table - Do The Standing Still
28 The Jam - Batman

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to listening to this. The Pee Chee folder with added art cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't think of a single PeeChee that I ever had that didn't get covered with "art"

      Delete