Adrian Belew Pick

Being discovered by Frank Zappa is the start of Adrian Belew's "fame" and certainly not the end. If you play with Zappa, you are a good musician. That's just a fact. Watch anyone out of the Zappa camp and they may be weird, dress funny, whatever you might say, but they are amazing musicians. Adrian Belew in this pick of highlights over the years shows off his guitar skills. And, I'm sorry, some of his solo stuff just should have been huge hits. I don't know why they weren't. Look up the individual albums, because they are really good. Bowie Zappa, Talking Heads, Tom Tom Club, etc it's all excellent! Listen for the elephant guitars and just enjoy Big Electric Cat and Adidas In Heat. If this is your first time, I envy you.

Adrian Belew Pick

01 Adrian Belew - I Have A Dream
02 David Bowie - Red Sails
03 Frank Zappa - City of Tiny Lites
04 Adrian Belew - Incompetence Indifference
05 Adrian Belew - Oh Daddy
06 Adrian Belew - Op Zop Too Wah
07 Adrian Belew - Pretty Pink Rose
08 Adrian Belew - Adidas In Heat
09 Jean Michel Jarre - Ethnicolor I
10 Tom Tom Club - L'Elephant
11 Adrian Belew - Beach Creatures Dancing Like Cranes
12 Laurie Anderson - Late Show
13 King Crimson - Elephant Talk
14 Adrian Belew - Elephants
15 Adrian Belew - Predatory Feast
16 Adrian Belew - Postcard From Holland
17 Adrian Belew - Face To Face
18 Adrian Belew - Writing On The Wall
19 Talking Heads - Crosseyed And Painless
20 Adrian Belew - &
21 Adrian Belew - Big Electric Cat

2 comments:

  1. Nice. I once saw him with Zappa. He came out bouncing onto the stage. Literally bouncing. It was a great show. Thank you.

    Also, while I was downloading, I got a message on my PC saying that there was "danger" if I downloaded the file. I backed out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a known issue with your browser. But not a problem. I check everything before I post with anti-virus and there are no executables in zip. Usually one jpg, several mp3's, one m3u and a txt file. (cover, music, playlist, and text list of playlist

      Delete