Blues Pick 2

This is part two of my convincing a rock and roll lover that he really likes the blues, too. Amazing how many people really like the blues after they get exposed to it. Used to have the largest free blues festival in my backyard (San Jose State University) and got to hear some amazing blues bands over the years. Even got to eat lunch with some of the greats, but I never would have if someone hadn't first introduced me to George Thorogood. Mixed in with ZZ Top and Triumph, I was hooked and started going to blues clubs and collecting some fun albums. So that's why this pick series came into being. Pass it on and get someone hooked.

Blues 2

01 Billie Holiday - Strange Fruit
02 Triumph - Suitcase Blues
03 Johnny -Guitar- Watson - Three Hours Past Midnight
04 Rolling Stones - Fancy Man Blues
05 Led Zeppelin - Dazed And Confused
06 Robert Johnson - Crossroads Blues
07 ZZ Top - Blue Jean Blues
08 Bessie Smith - Do Your Duty
09 Jimi Hendrix - Red House
10 The Kinks - Sittin' On My Sofa
11 The Fabulous Thunderbirds - Tuff Enuff
12 Howlin' Wolf - Killing Floor
13 Otis Rush - I Can't Quit You Baby
14 Doors - Roadhouse Blues
15 John Lee Hooker - I'm Bad Like Jesse James
16 Junior Brown - Guit-Steel Blues
17 Junior Wells - Messin' With The Kid
18 Taj Mahal - Big Legged Mommas Are Back In Style
19 Van Halen - Ice Cream Man
20 Joe Walsh - All Night Laundry Mat Blues

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, your set-list for this comp is one of the best I've seen geared to the blues. It's impossible to appease everyone, especially with only 20 tracks, but this suffices and then some. I highly recommend this comp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, George! Coming from you is the highest praise! Especially since you have such great comps!

      Delete