Cocktail Hour 1

A nice selection of newer and older songs suitable for cocktail hour. Some standards and a few not yet, but all are appropriate for cocktails or dinner. I like all of these (and the ones in volume 2). They are classics or classic sounding to me. I remember watching the movie Umbrellas Of Cherbourg as a kid and just loving Catherine Deneuve. It always stayed with me and is perfect for this pick. Sorry, but Bjork got in here twice. Once in her pre-Sugarcubes band Gling Glo and once solo much later. I just do love the sound of both tracks and Luktar-Gvendur was the inspiration for making this playlist. BTW, I really like the marbling technique for the cover background. Fun to do!

Cocktail Hour 1

01 Gordon McRae & Jo Stafford - 'A' Your Adorable
02 Gling Glo - Luktar-Gvendur
03 kd Lang - The Air That I Breathe
04 Julie London - I'm In The Mood For Love
05 Astrud Gilberto - Corcovado
06 Jo Stafford - Falling In Love Again
07 Sinead O'Connor - My Heart Belongs To Daddy
08 Don Henley - Come Rain Or Come Shine
09 Sting - My One And Only Love
10 Kate Bush - The Man I Love
11 Catherine Deneuve & Nino Castelnuovo - Devant Le Garage
12 Doris Day - Bewitched
13 Claudine Longet - Meditation
14 Dean Martin - Pretty Baby
15 Billie Holiday - Our Love Is Here To Stay
16 Susanna Hoffs - The Look of Love
17 Bjork - I Can't Help Loving That Man
18 Wayne Newton - Danke Schoen
19 Nancy Sinatra - Call Me
20 Lisa Stansfield - Down In The Depths
21 Linda Ronstadt - You Took Advantage Of Me
22 Tony Bennett - Jeepers Creepers

5 comments:

  1. Cool stuff! Late last week, I was thinking of doing an instrumental smooth jazz/library/light orchestra music set to/in... a cafe on a warm evening during a light rainfall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if I want you to wait until after you see volume 2 or not because I can't wait to hear your pick! Just do it now!

      Delete
    2. It was just a thought at the time. I don't think I planned on going through with it. If I did, I would need a few days to a week or two. But, I'll keep it in mind. :)

      Delete
    3. Btw, cocktail hour 2 is coming February 28th...

      Delete