Asia Family (Downes, Howe, Palmer, Wetton)

Asia is a supergroup. So the four guys in Asia came from other groups and played with tons more, I'm sure. Geoff Downes from Buggles. Yes brought us Steve Howe (and Downes). Emerson Lake & Palmer brought us Carl Palmer. John Wetton came from a lot of places, but I like to think it was UK, but he was also in King Crimson, Uriah Heap, Roxy Music, etc. These guys played with each other, their band mates in various forms and tons of bands. Did you know that Geoff Downes, for instance, played on Kate Bush's Sat In Your Lap? Not on here, but interesting. So here's a pick of stuff they were on that I happen to like. So Asia's extended family for your pleasure.

Asia Family (Downes, Howe, Palmer, Wetton)

01 Asia - Heat Of The Moment
02 In Crowd - Blow Up
03 3 - Desde La Vida
04 Yes - Run Through The Light
05 King Crimson - Red
06 GTR - When The Heart Rules The Mind
07 Steve Howe - Ram
08 Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Fanfare For The Common Man
09 Bryan Ferry - Another Time, Another Place
10 Uriah Heep - Easy Livin'
11 Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star
13 UK - Carrying No Cross
14 John Wetton - Us And Them
15 Tomorrow - My White Bicycle
16 Atomic Rooster - Friday The 13th

2 comments:

  1. This a great idea for comps. I've noticed your other "Family" comps too. I can still remember a ton of themes I used back in the day for cassettes (also, one of my brothers had an 8-track recorder in the mid-70s but I only recorded groups per track, and no specific theme).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like doing these. It's fun to discover how they link together. There used to be a book that had all these family trees for different artists that you could follow. I think it was by Pete Frame. I'll have to look in my library. But they were all hand drawn and lettered. Very cool.

      Delete