Blues 1

How do you introduce someone to the Blues if they say they only like Rock and Roll? Well first we know it's a lie, because rock is based on the blues, but you have to show a side. This pick is my answer. It's a two volume playlist of bluesy rock and some real blues. I had to put in some bands that were not considered blues and yet really play the blues at times. And I'm not talking fool around with the blues, c'mon, Led Zeppelin plays the blues disguising it as rock and roll. Jimi played a bunch, Eric Clapton etc. Obviously not a definitive blues collection, at all, but a nice entry.

Blues 1

01 John Lee Hooker - Crawlin' King Snake
02 Muddy Waters - I'm Your Hoochie Coochie Man
03 Elmore James - Shake Your Money Maker
04 Howlin' Wolf - Back Door Man
05 John Mayall's Blues Breakers - Ramblin' On My Mind
06 Derek And The Dominos - Crossroads
07 Allman Brothers Band - Statesboro Blues
08 Big Mama Thronton - Hound Dog
09 Etta James - Spoonful
10 Koko Taylor - I Don't Care Who Knows
11 Frank Zappa - Road Ladies
12 Johnny Guitar Watson - Gangster Of Love
13 Led Zeppelin - I Can't Quit You Baby
14 Jimi Hendrix - Born Under A Bad Sign
15 Elvin Bishop - Come On In This House
16 Paul Butterfield Blues Band - Work Song
17 Rolling Stones - Mannish Boy
18 George Thorogood - One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Thornton's Hound Dog. Anyway, I didn't quite get into the blues until my early teens. It just didn't quite click until I heard Johnny Winter, Canned Heat, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, I came to the blues from the backdoor. Rock bands playing the blues, but after I got it, boy did get in to it

      Delete