Paisley Pick 4

We're getting to volume four of this series. As you can tell they mostly all fall into the same category if you go by sound or feeling of a song. You'll notice again the playlist cover. And notice that a couple of the bands are returning on some of the volumes. Remember these are not picked because of significance in the Paisley world, although many are significant. But just because I like them. Look for the next couple more in the next couple more days.

Paisley Pick 4

01 Bubble Puppy - Hot Smoke and Sassafras
02 Status Quo - Pictures Of Matchstick Men
03 Syd Barrett - Octopus
04 Julian Cope - Sunspots (Single Remix)
05 The Del-Vetts - Last Time Around
06 Tommy James & The Shondells - Crimson And Clover
07 Colours - Love Heals
08 Traffic - Hole in My Shoe
09 Mojo Men - Sit Down I Think I Love You
10 The Flowerpot Men - Let's Go To San Francisco
11 Sagittarius - My World Fell Down
12 Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze
13 Eternity's Children - Mrs. Bluebird
14 Avant Garde - Naturally Stoned
15 Fever Tree - San Francisco Girls (Return Of The Native)
16 The Move - Flowers In The Rain
17 Golden Earrings - Daddy Buy Me A Girl
18 The Third Bardo - I'm Five Years Ahead Of My Time
19 Association - Pandora's Golden Heebie Jeebies
20 Twilights - Cathy, Come Home
21 Third Booth - I Need Love
22 The Lemon Pipers - Through With You
23 Move - I Can Hear The Grass Grow
24 Seeds - No Escape
25 Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Spontaneous Apple Creation

3 comments:

  1. Early fall of '73, an employee (for my dad) also had a side job managing jukeboxes. He also kept the replaced 45s. He would add about half-dozen 45s in surprise bags and sell them for something like a dollar or two per bag. You could view just the top record (A or B side) but that was it. Also, lots of doubles but do think each bag had at least a couple worthwhile bargains.

    I don't recall how many bags I purchased when he would bring them in, probably 5 or 6 bags. I wouldn't say all of it was great (I ended up with a few clunkers) but did score some Isaac Hayes, Roberta Flack, Edward Bear, Box Tops, Roy Clark, etc, and "Hot Smoke and Sassafras." The 'B' side ("Lonely") was just as good! It was well worth it.

    I have a song association(s) with every song. I have a few for "Hot Smoke" but aforementioned is the one that sticks out the most. Sorry for my long story. Perhaps I should spend time writing stories on my own blog, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the story! I had a guy that DJ'ed at the same station as me, the shift just before me. He always brought in 45's (Later I found out the owned a record shop I frequented) and cued them up so quick, had a voice that was just great. But two things, he always had some cool record I had never heard and it took me months to figure out that he was blind. Learned a lot from him, but he never brought bags of 45's for me

      Delete
    2. Great story! There was a brief time I thought of a career in radio but never got past that (thought) stage.

      Delete